What is Specialty Care?
Specialty (medical) care focuses on the care and treatment of specific health conditions, preferably in coordination with a primary care professional or health care professional. These physicians and surgeons usually further their medical education in a specific specialty of medicine by completing a multiple year residency.
Specialty Care offered at Premier Suburan Medical Group:
- Pediatrics—The practice of dealing with the health and medical care of infants, children, and adolescents from birth up to the age of 18.
- Cardiology —The study and treatment of disorders of the heart and the blood vessels.
- Hematology/Oncology—The combined medical practice of hematology (the study of the blood's physiology) and oncology (the study of cancer). This type of medical diagnoses and treats cancerous blood disorders and cancers and manages symptoms of these diseases and resultant tumors (if present).
- Endocrinology—The branch of physiology and medicine concerned with endocrine glands and hormones. Endocrinologists treat:
- Thyroid Disease
- Bone Disease
- Pituitary Gland
- Lipid Disorder
- Obstetrics/Gynecology—Obstetrics (the OB) involves care during pre-conception, pregnancy, childbirth, and immediately after delivery. Gynecology (the GYN) involves care of all women's health issues.
- Orthopedic Surgery—Surgeons are devoted to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles.