Cancer Video Visits Frequently Asked Questions
How do I schedule a video visit?
Simply call 815-300-4444 to schedule your appointment.
Log into MYSilverCross and navigate to Appointments →View Upcoming Appointments section and click on the Join Now button to launch your visit. You will be able to join your video visit 30 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time.
During your visit:
- Place your computer in a safe spot.
- Shut down any other programs on the device you are using to improve the speed and quality of your video visit.
- If you are using a smartphone, prop it up on a stable surface rather than holding it.
- Speak clearly into your microphone. If someone else is joining your visit, make sure only one person is speaking at a time. Turn off any background noise such as the television and radio and have everyone put their phones on silent or vibrate.
- Give your doctor or nurse or healthcare team a phone number they can call to do the visit over the phone, in case you are having problems with the video.
Before your visit ends, make sure to:
- Ask your healthcare team when and how you should follow up. This may include picking up medications from your pharmacy, getting tests done at a nearby lab, or making your next appointment.
- Make sure to tell your doctor or nurse which pharmacy you use.
How do I prepare for my video visit?
Before your visit, please do the following:
- Write down any questions you want to ask your provider.
- Write down any vital signs or symptoms you are having to discuss with your provider.
- If you have concerns about skin problems, such as a rash or a wound, take a picture to share with your provider.
For your video visit, you'll need:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone with an internet connection. If using a computer or tablet, have your phone with you in case your doctor needs to call you.
- A piece of paper and pen to write down your questions and take notes.
- Your medication bottles. Have them with you during your visit and note the ones that need refills.
Find a good space for your visit:
- Use an area with good lighting, but not one that has a window behind you.
- Make sure your space will be quiet for the whole visit. You can also use headphones if you have trouble hearing your doctor or nurse or healthcare team.
- Choose a private space so you can talk with the doctor or nurse or healthcare team about your private healthcare information or show parts of your body, if needed for the exam.
How Do I Start a Video Visit?
- Ensure that your computer has a camera and speakers/microphone
- Click on the link from your MySilverCross account 10 minutes before your appointment
- Once you're in the meeting, ensure that video and audio are unmuted and wait for your provider to join.
How do I join a video visit on my computer?
If this is your first video visit, you may be prompted to allow the app to record audio/access the microphone, take pictures and record video/access the camera. You must tap “Allow” or “OK” on the prompts to join.
Next, you will see the System Settings screen. Validate that:
a. your camera is on and you can see yourself.
b. your microphone is on by speaking; you’ll see a moving blue bar under Microphone when you speak.
c. your speaker works; click Test Sound, you should hear music play.
When finished, tap Join Meeting.
How do I join a video visit on my mobile device?
Close to the time of your scheduled appointment, open the recommended browser for your phone: Google Chrome (Android) or Safari (iPhone).
Navigate to https://www.silvercross.org/my-silvercross/
Tap To get started, login to your Portal.
Enter your Email address or username and Password; then tap Sign In.
When you join, you may see “Connecting” until the caregiver joins. Once the caregiver joins, he/she will be pictured in main screen and you will see yourself in a smaller window. There are 4 buttons at the bottom of the screen:
• Gear icon- allows you to verify/change your audio/visual settings.
• Camera icon - switch from front facing camera to rear facing camera. • Red phone icon – this is to end your visit.
• Microphone icon – this will mute your line and prevent the caregiver from hearing you.
• Participant icon- this will show you a list of all participants on the video visit. The buttons may disappear after a few seconds. To view them again, tap your screen.
Once your visit with the caregiver is complete, tap the red phone to disconnect.
What if I need technical help?
You may call the MYSilverCross support line at 1-877-621-8014, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Video Visit Technical Requirements
- A computer or mobile device.
- An integrated or external microphone.
- An integrated or external camera.
Ideally, internet speeds should be at least 15Mbps download and 5Mbps upload.
The following desktop browsers and devices support scheduled video visits:
- Google Chrome 78 and later for MacOS and Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Edge 79 and later for Windows
- Mozilla Firefox 75 and later for MacOS and Windows
- Opera 66 and later for MacOS and Windows
- Apple Safari 12 and later for MacOS
Be advised that streaming video can use a good amount of data.
The following mobile browsers and devices support scheduled video visits:
- Google Android OS 5 and later with Arm and Arm64 architecture with Chrome 78 and later
- Apple iOS 12 and later with Safari 12 and later
- iOS 14.3 and later with Chrome 87 and Firefox 30 and later
- iPadOS 13 and later with Safari 12 and later